Good Day Queens! I want you to meet our Influencer of the Week: Kalen B. I came across Kalen’s IG a few months ago and was so impressed by how clean and organized her feed was. I could tell that she puts a lot of thought and effort into her content and I loved it! Here’s what she had to say in our interview:
1. What’s your full name?
2. Where are you from?
3. What’s your hair type? (you can include porosity, density, etc.)
4a/4b (mostly 4b)
4. Why did you go natural and how long have you been natural?
I went natural July 2014 to see what my curl pattern looked like and to embrace the diversity of my hair!
5. What do you love MOST about being natural?
Honestly, my curls!
6. What’s the most challenging experience you’ve had since being natural and how did you overcome it?
Figuring out what worked for my hair. I watched a lot of Youtube videos of natural hair gals who did not have my hair texture and didn’t know why my hair wasn’t turning out like theirs. At the time, I did not realize that each hair texture needed something different when it comes to maintaining it.
7. What or who inspired you to become a natural hair influencer/blogger?
@MyNaturalSistas and of course @Naptural85
8. Who’s your Favorite Natural Hair Influencer/curl crush?
9. Do you like DIY regimens? If so, what’s your favorite?
I haven’t done one yet, but I have a DIY hair mask I plan to do soon!
10. LCO or LOC or neither?
I was doing LCO but I stopped. I’m able to maintain moisture without doing it.
11. Pre-poo or shampoo?
12. What’s your Go-To products (that you can’t live without)?
My recent obsessions is Shea Moisture’s 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Conditioner and Creme of Nature Pure Honey Twisting Cream
13. What’s your favorite Hair style?
Mini twist/twist out
14. What advice would you give someone who’s considering going natural?
Follow natural hair accounts that have similar hair texture as you. Be prepared for trial and error.
15. What advice would you give someone who’s feeling stuck with their hair growth?
Document! Even though it may feel like your hair is not growing, it is. You will be surprised to look back and see where you started from. Also PROTECTIVE STYLE. The less you manipulate your hair the better chance you will have at growth.
16. What’s your current hair care regimen?
Shampoo once a month, deep condition weekly, and my go to style mini twist, although I have been doing more wash n gos.
17. Product Junkie or Minimalist?
Minimalist. once I find a product that works, I stick with it.
18. What are your social media handles?
Instagram: Lazily_Natural….Youtube: Lazily Natural
Give Me 3 Fun Facts About You?
I crochet chunky blankets, I’m currently in graduate school getting my masters in Social Work, and I can read and understand the Spanish language but I can not speak it.