Happy Sunday Ladies! We are here to feature our 3rd Influencer of the week! I’m so excited to introduce to you another beautiful Type4hair Queen! Here’s how our interview went with Dominique. Enjoy!
1. What’s your full name?
2. Where are you from?
3. What’s your hair type?
I have different curl patterns in my hair. I have a mixture of 4a and 4b.
4. Why did you go natural and how long have you been natural?
When I discovered YouTube, I looked up different hairstyles and I saw most girls had curly hair. At the time I had a perm in for most of my life and I wanted to know my curl type. That’s when I decided to go natural and big chop. I have been natural for almost 8 years.
5. What do you love MOST about being natural?
What I love most about being natural is the versatility I have when it comes to my hair. I can do so many styles with my hair including different protective styles.
6. What’s the most challenging experience you’ve had since being natural and how did you overcome it?
The most challenging experience I’ve had since being natural is dealing with shrinkage. I really hated my shrinkage and I would get so frustrated with different hairstyles because my hair would shrink, but now I am more accepting of it because it just means my hair is really healthy. Also what would type 4 hair be if it did not shrink. So I love my shrinkage and I accept it now.
7. What or who inspired you to become a natural hair influencer/blogger?
My subscribers inspired me to become natural hair influencer. At first I was doing fashion and makeup videos on my channel, and one day I decided to share a natural hairstyle tutorial and it blew up! People kept asking me about my natural hair and requesting more hair videos, so seeing the impact from that one video inspired me to become a natural hair influencer.
8. Who’s your Favorite Natural Hair Influencer/curl crush?
My favorite natural curl crush at the moment is Alyssa Marie (@lyssamariexo). I love her curly type and the cut of her hair. She keeps things simple which I do as well and I just adore her style.
9. Do you like DIY regimens? If so, what’s your favorite?
Yes! My favorite is an avocado and banana protein hair mask.
10. LCO or LOC or neither?
11. Pre-poo or shampoo?
12. What’s your Go-To products (that you can’t live without)?
My go-to product is the LottaBody leave-in conditioner from the milk and honey line! I truly cannotlive without that product.
13. What’s your favorite Hairstyle?
My favorite hairstyle is between a curly Mohawk or two puffs.
14. What advice would you give someone who’s considering going natural?
My advice for anyone who is going natural is to accept and love your curl type. Don’t try to compare your hair texture or length to someone else because everyone’s journey is different. Embrace your journey with your natural hair because it’s apart of you.
15. What advice would you give someone who’s feeling stuck with their hair growth?
The best thing someone can do to make their hair grow is to keep doing protective styles. Under the protective styles, make sure your hair is moisturized. The key is to leave your hair alone and let it flourish on its own.
16. What’s your current hair care regimen?
My current hair care regimen is to moisturize my hair and finger detangle before using a wide tooth comb or denman brush. I then add all my products and style my hair, using a flat twist out.
17. Product Junkie or Minimalist?
18. What are your social media handles?
Instagram/Twitter: @ContentByDom YouTube: Dominique Merritt